Successful Factory Automation Optimization
FREE WEBINAR RECORED ON:
Thursday, Jan 28, 2016
Automation of factories represents a key break-through opportunity to enable on-shore manufacturing to succeed based on clear business-drivers, which also enhance the working environment. These automated factories however need to be flexible, which has long been the “Achilles Heel” of automation in the PCB assembly industry, due to the complexities and technologies involved, as well as the diversity of machines from different vendors. More important than the choice of automated machines and robots, is working out how flexible control of automated processes and flows can be achieved considering the IT, communications, planning, engineering, supply-chain and quality perspectives.
In this free webinar, we look at the driving forces behind the need for further automation, so as to understand the requirements that will come for changes in all shop-floor related areas, putting terms such as the “Internet of Manufacturing”, “Industry 4.0” and “Smart Factories” into perspective. We will identify what are the first steps that we all need to take together now, heading towards our “2020 vision“ for manufacturing in the future.
Who should attend?
- Project managers and leaders interested in adopting further automation.
- SMT and industrial engineers tasked with increasing performance and flexibility.
- IT teams who need to close the gap with manufacturing, to create/enable solutions that meet future business needs.
What will you learn?
- How and why factories need to adapt and embrace automation and computerization.
- The practical way to get started towards a fully justified end-goal.
- A clear understanding of the myths and hype surrounding the industry today.