Mastering Wave Soldering and Selective Soldering Processing
FREE WEBINAR RECORED ON:
Thursday, July 28, 2016
Wave soldering and selective soldering are established technologies yet process parameters may not always be fully optimized. If you would like to learn how to enhance your soldering processes when producing electronics assemblies, then come join us for a presentation on mastering wave soldering and selective soldering processing. This informative technical presentation will guide you through how to improve the flexibility, reliability and quality provided by your wave and selective soldering equipment.
- Process Engineers
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Production Technicians
- Quality Personnel
What You Will Learn
- How to improve your wave soldering and selective soldering effectiveness
- Wave dynamics, solder joint formation and component thermal mass
- Solderability issues with tin-lead and lead-free solder alloys
- Flux deposition and thermal aspects of flux activation
- No-clean thermal processing and mitigation of flux residues
- Preheating methodologies, preheat selection and sustained preheat
- Aperture pallet design guidelines and critical keep-out areas
- Root cause analysis and process troubleshooting guidelines
- Process optimization methods and process troubleshooting techniques
- How to reduce wave soldering and selective soldering defects
- Adjacent component clearance and selective DFMA guidelines
- How to reduce post-soldering rework and increase yields
Bob Klenke is a Principal Consultant and a staff member of ITM Consulting. He has more than 30 years of experience with electronics assembly and is a frequent workshop instructor for selective soldering and wave soldering courses at APEX and SMTA International conferences. Bob also holds the position of Managing Director with ITM Marketing, a full service technical marketing and market research firm serving the electronics assembly industry.
Please sign up below to get the Webinar’s VIDEO PASSWORD!