Aegis Software announces latest version of its FactoryLogix® MES platform, empowering the agile and connected factory for operational excellence
FactoryLogix 2017.1 Delivers Breakthrough Capabilities Aimed at Enhancing Planning, Optimizing Shop-Floor Ergonomics, Simplifying Compliance, and Enabling Process Portability Between Factories
Aegis Software, a global provider of Manufacturing Execution Software (MES), today announces the general availability of FactoryLogix® 2017.1. As an industry leader in MES, Aegis continues to innovate and deliver unparalleled capabilities enabling complex discrete manufacturers to connect, manage, optimize and digitally transform their manufacturing operations.
FactoryLogix 2017.1 delivers many noteworthy advancements, across the entire platform, below is a fraction of the industry-leading features and benefits offered in this new release:
• Streamline Production Engineering & Planning – As customers demand higher quality at faster speeds and lower costs, manufacturers are continuously looking for new ways to optimize capacity and resources while reducing lead times. With Batch-to-Batch Dependencies, planners can schedule production batches that have a network of inter-dependencies to other batches, ensuring sufficient time and inventory thereby minimizing scheduling conflicts and production delays. The new Site-to-Site Portability feature enables manufacturers to effortlessly transfer production processes and accompanying documentation from one factory to another eliminating the need to build from scratch. Manufacturers can leverage engineering expertise regardless of location, accelerate time to production and time to market ultimately creating a competitive advantage.
• Develop On-the-Fly, Adaptive Processes – Engineer-to-Order (ETO) provides the ability to develop fully managed process exceptions with complete conformance management including product tracking, material and process traceability, provision of documentation, etc. By leveraging the ability to create on-demand production operations, flows and instructions for units that travel outside the main process manufacturers can support personalization/customization, mitigate process disruptions, improve quality, and reduce costs.
• Improved Shop Floor Ergonomics for Boosted Throughput – FactoryLogix 2017.1 delivers more barcode and keyboard shortcuts to frequently used functions and now also supports voice control, making it easier for operators to perform activities faster without sacrificing accuracy. Reducing errors, training time, and eliminating bottlenecks are just some of the benefits.
• Out-of-the-Box Compliance Reports – To meet the growing demand to simplify compliance with regulatory requirements, Aegis continues to build upon its comprehensive capabilities of advanced analytics, alerts, triggers and escalation workflows, and now has out-of-the-box AS9100 reports, pre-configured eDHR reports for medical applications, and Real-Time Statistical Process Control Dashboards.
• Plug & Play Connectivity Backbone for the Connected Ecosystem – Aegis offers unmatched capabilities when it comes to plug & play machine, device, and business software connectivity. The FactoryLogix platform includes a proven real-time Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) backbone enabling data collection from millions of machines and devices providing the actionable intelligence needed to drive manufacturing excellence. With FactoryLogix 2017.1, Aegis introduces more plug & play connectors to its already extensive library to further enable the connected ecosystem.
“FactoryLogix 2017.1 is an extensive release providing numerous breakthrough innovations fueled by continual collaboration with our global customer base of complex discrete manufacturers in the military, aerospace, electronics, medical, and automotive industries,” said Jason Spera, CEO, Aegis Software. “Building upon our extensive history and robust MES platform, this release adds new capabilities enabling manufacturers to elevate their manufacturing operations while giving them the foundational platform critical to support their Industry 4.0 initiatives.”
FactoryLogix is a holistic and modular platform which delivers leading-edge technology with easily configurable modules to support and execute a discrete manufacturer’s strategy towards Industry 4.0. FactoryLogix manages the entire manufacturing lifecycle: from product launch to material logistics, through manufacturing execution, to powerful analytics and real-time dashboards. This end-to-end platform is helping companies accelerate product introductions, streamline processes, improve quality and traceability, reduce costs and gain greater visibility for competitive advantage and profitability.