SMTA Produces Strongest Conference Program Ever!
If the volume of submissions is anything to go by, then this year’s conference is going to be spectacular. It was massively over-subscribed, reconfirming SMTAi’s position as the premier conference in the North American electronics manufacturing calendar.
One interesting addition to the conference this year will be the Technical Innovations Track. Chaired by Marie Cole (IBM), this track will cover everything from smart manufacturing to 3D printing and even blockchain technology.
I will chair the Smart Manufacturing session on Monday, October 15th and also moderate a panel discussion at the end of the morning session. All of this happens in Room 48:
- An Overview of Smart Manufacturing in the IoT Era. Challenges and Solutions
Glen Farris, Universal Instruments
- How Do I Get Smart With IPC CFX?
Michael Ford, Aegis Software
- Management Overview of the Smart Factory (Industrie 4.0) Principles and Affects in Electronics Manufacturing
Oren Manor, Mentor Graphics, a Siemens Business
- Panel Discussion: Industry 4.0: Why do we need it?
Moderator: Trevor Galbraith, Global SMT & Packaging
- Panelists: Dan Gamota, Jabil, Ranjan Chatterjee, Cimetrix, Irene Sterian, P.E., Celestica, Inc. Gregory Vance, Rockwell Automation
On the show floor in our Booth 639, we will be hosting a ‘Good morning from SMTAi” with all the latest news and some special guests. We will also be hosting a range of panel discussions on:
- Cleaning challenges in a changing world
- Talent Sourcing – finding skilled labor to meet manufacturing demand
- Failure analysis and limiting field recalls
- Inspection Automation – taking the next steps in line optimization
All of these plus highlight from our Global Technology Awards ceremony in Room 21-22 at 3:30pm on Tuesday, October 16th.
It’s going to be a busy week. Come and join us!
– Trevor Galbraith