Corintech future-proofs its UK manufacturing with £300k surface mount facility
Increasing turnaround time, precision and traceability
Corintech, a leader in complete electronic product design and manufacturing, has invested £300,000 in a new surface mount facility, to further expand its capabilities in electronic product manufacturing and design. Meeting the demands of the increasingly sophisticated world of electronics manufacturing, the new machine offers intricate PCB assembly solutions including for high performance and high reliability medical and aerospace applications.
The Europlacer pick-and-place machine and ancillary services will be located in Fordingbridge, Hampshire and will start production in March. Although fast enough for production runs, the new machine is also ideal for prototyping or design revisions, as it can be up and running within hours from when Corintech’s team receives a revised design.
Key features of the new surface mount machine include:
- Able to place components from 01005 (0.010 x 0.0005in) to 50x50mm
- Can print solder to 0204 size pads without a stencil using Automatic Dispense unit
- Intelligent feeding system to offer full component traceability to individual PCBs
- Inbuilt electrical test for capacitors, resistors & diodes
- Vision recognition for components’ package shape, size and identity markings
- Integrated software package inputs CAD data for fast and reliable manufacturing data
Tim Waterman, Technical Director at Corintech said: “Over the last couple of decades, PCB production has evolved from a labour-intensive process to a more automated one. This new machine allows us to take surface mounting to the next level by being able to work with smaller and more intricate components, and at a faster rate. This is a significant investment not just for our company, but also for UK electronics manufacturing more broadly. Having these high quality and advanced capabilities onshore in the UK will give our customers huge advantages.”
The new surface mount facility adds to Corintech’s range of electronics manufacturing capabilities, which includes conventional electronic assembly, thick film hybrids and chip on board wire bonding.