The new construction and conversion of the SCHURTER Group headquarters in Lucerne has been completed. A short review as well as facts and figures about the project illustrate the scope of the project in an impressive way.
Since 1947, the SCHURTER headquarters have been located on the Werkhofstrasse in Lucerne. The steady growth of the group was massively hampered by spatial limitations in the following decades. Growth at the Lucerne location was no longer possible with the current building situation.
Project ” Weitsicht”
In the fall of 2018, planning began for the conversion and new construction of the headquarters under the project name “Weitsicht”. The goal was to start construction in January 2020 after receiving all permits. For the construction phase itself, a duration of around 18 months was expected, which could be met. The nationwide lockdown in spring 2020 did not even affect the work. On the contrary: “Weitsicht” was able to proceed at full speed.
An enormous challenge during this conversion was to maintain production at all times and to meet the needs of the construction workers and the company’s own employees.
Facts and figures
• Building owners: SCHURTER AG
• Construction management: S+B Management AG
• Construction period from February 2020 to September 2021
• Gained area: around 3,000 m2
• Costs: around 23 million CHF
• No accidents during the entire construction period
• Construction under operation. Production could always run.
• Energy optimization (windows, facade insulation, heat recovery)
The ceremonial inauguration took place in strict compliance with COVID-19 regulations on September 16 and 17.
Our thanks go to the understanding neighbors and the employees of SCHURTER AG for their patience.