Unique new silicone conformal coatings out-perform competitors
In tests, Techsil’s new silicone conformal coating formulations manufactured by Momentive out-perform other conformal coating materials for corrosion prevention, including acrylics, polyurethane, polyolefin and competitor silicone formulations.
Momentive’s ECC3011 and ECC3051S silicone conformal coating materials employ a unique formulation that can help prevent the occurrence of corrosion on vital PCB components and surfaces.
These new materials dispel the commonly held perception that silicones, due to their higher gas permeability, are at a disadvantage in corrosion prevention. In tests performed by Momentive in accordance with IEC standards, Momentive’s new silicone formulations out-performed other conformal coating materials for corrosion prevention, including acrylics, polyurethane, polyolefin and competitor silicone formulations.
Key Features and Typical Benefits:
• Fast tack-free time
• Solvent-free formulation (100% solid content)
• Contains UV indicator for ease in inspection under black light
• Continuous operating temperature range of -40 ~ 150 °C
• Salt spray performance tested in accordance with IEC60068-2-52 Severity 5
• Mixed gas corrosion performance tested in accordance with IEC60068-2-60 Method 4
• Tested in accordance with IPC-CC-830B / MIL-I-46058C