MacDermid Alpha Electronics Solutions to Present Latest Research at SMTA International 2021
MacDermid Alpha Electronics Solutions, a global leader in high performance electronics materials, will exhibit its latest interconnect solutions and present nine papers at the SMTA International Expo and Conference taking place November 1 – 4 at the Minneapolis Convention Center in Minneapolis, MN.
The papers, authored by leading industry experts, will discuss materials and solutions designed to meet the demands of high reliability applications found in automotive, telecommunication, and high-power LED assemblies. These include next generation low temperature and high reliability solder pastes and edgebond materials, advances in plating for connector press-fit applications, cost reduction capabilities of solder preforms, and leadframe chemistries for die attach.
The papers to be presented are as follows:
Tuesday, November 2:
- Edge Bonding as Viable Reinforcement for Solder Joints in High Reliability Applications
- Low-temperature Solders SMT Process Optimization for Enhanced Reliability
- High-Reliability Lead-free Solders for Automotive Electronics – Thermal Cycling and Shear Strength Performance
- Reducing Solder Scrap by Replacing Solder Paste with Solder Preforms When Appropriate
Wednesday, November 3:
- No Bleed Die Attach to Roughened Leadframe
- Innovative Indium and Silver-Tin Plating Processes for Connector Press-Fit Applications
Thursday, November 4:
- Unveiling a Total Solution for Soldering Through-hole Components using a Low Temperature Alloy
- Manufacturing Cost Reductions Available When Using Low MP Solder Paste
- Challenges To Maintain High Electrical Reliability Of Low Temperature Solder Paste
MacDermid Alpha will also promote its portfolio of innovative metallization and electronics assembly technologies in Booth 3333. The MacDermid Enthone brand will feature high reliability solutions including their leadframe packaging portfolio, connector & interconnect processes, the Affinity family of ENIG and ENEPIG final finishes, and MacuSpec THF 100, the high performance copper plating technology that bridges and fills through holes in a single plating step. The Alpha and Kester brands will promote innovative lead-free alloys and high reliability solutions including ALPHA CVP-390V and Kester NP505-HR solder pastes with the industry leading high reliability Innolot alloy and the ALPHA HiTech portfolio of adhesive, underfill, and edgebond solutions.
For additional information about MacDermid Alpha Electronics Solutions, please stop by Booth 3333 and visit MacDermidAlpha.com.