SMTA South East Asia Technical Conference on Electronics Assembly program finalized
SMTA is excited to announce the finalized program and registration is now open for the South East Asia Technical Conference on Electronics Assembly. The event will be held April 12-14, 2016 at the Eastin Hotel in Penang, Malaysia.
This global conference is a strong technical three-day event focused on today’s most important and timely issues in electronics manufacturing. Conference sessions will cover Solder Alloy for Reliability, LED Technology, Traceability and Test, High Reliability, Components and Microelectronics, Printing and Assembly, BGA and BTC, Harsh Environments and Emerging Manufacturing Technologies.
Mohammed Khan, M.S. Lumileds, will deliver the Day 1 keynote presentation on LEDs: The Future is Bright – Trends & Challenges in Manufacturing. Chuck Bauer, Ph.D., TechLead Corporation, will present the Day 2 keynote presentation on Nanotechnology in Electronics Packaging, Interconnect, and Assembly.
Half-Day Training workshops will be held on Tuesday, April 12. Workshop topics will include:
- Designing the Cleaning Process within the PCB Assembly Operations
- Industry 4.0 Smart Factory and Design Collaboration with Manufacturing Partners
- Solder Paste Evaluation (A review of How Solder Pastes are Evaluated)
- Designing in Reliability by Assessing Contamination at the Component Interface
- It’s Time for Low Temperature-Low Temperatures Solders, New Development and Their Applications
- An Overview of the Factors and Mechanisms Impacting Reliability in HALT
The SE Asia Technical Conference on Electronics Assembly Technology is sponsored by the SMTA with support from the Persatuan Surface Mount Technology P. Pinang.