Symposium on Counterfeit Parts and Materials Call for Abstracts
The SMTA is pleased to announce the Call for Abstracts for the Symposium on Counterfeit Parts and Materials June 28-30, 2016 College Park, Maryland. The deadline to submit an abstract is March 7, 2016.
The symposium is organized by SMTA in conjunction with Center for Advanced Life Cycle Engineering (CALCE) at the University of Maryland, College Park, MD. This symposium will be valuable to quality and reliability managers, supply chain managers, brand protection specialists, inspectors, marketing and procurement policy makers, contracts and legal management, security specialists and government agencies. Our focus is to provide relevant information to the professionals that can be used for solving problems today while planning for a different business and technology environment in the future.
Topics covered in this symposium will include the following:
- Impact of supply chain changes on component management practices: quality, reliability and manufacturability
- Solutions from Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
- Authentication techniques for securing the electronic part supply chain
- Inspection tools and techniques for detecting counterfeit parts
- How distributors can prepare themselves to be part of the solution
- Non-electronics parts and materials – Counterfeit detection and prevention
- Government and legal policies
- Law enforcement policies
- Information gathering and sharing
- New methods of counterfeiting: cloning, tampering
If you are interested in presenting, please submit a 200-300 word abstract to http://www.smta.org/counterfeit/call_for_abstracts.cfm
Include a title, author name and contact information with your abstract.
Presentations are required and will be due on May 30, 2016.
For more information visit: http://www.smta.org/counterfeit/