The advanced packaging industry is on the move
Advanced Packaging & System Integration Technology Symposium – From June 20 to 21 – Wuxi, China
Data extracted from Status of Panel Level Packaging Report, Yole Développement, 2018
- After the three last successful events, Yole Développement & NCAP have decided to continue and strengthen their collaboration.
- The advanced packaging is on the move: emerging application are bringing new challenges…
- Advanced Packaging & System Integration Symposium: packaging experts from all over the world will come to exchange on their vision and future perspectives.
- Gain an insight into a unique symposium… 5 key industry focuses – About 20 inspiring presentations – A panel session to debate – Several networking times to discuss with your peers – Short courses to cover a broad range of topic areas at a variety of educational levels.
What exactly is the impact of the megatrends on the advanced packaging industry? Could we expect a strong move of the advanced packaging companies: from their traditional activities to innovative services/products to answer to the specificities of the mega market segments? How will the advanced packaging supply chain evolve?
Yole, the market research and strategy consulting company, engaged in a comprehensive study of the advanced packaging industry, taking into account the evolution of the high-end sectors and megatrends. Yole’s Semiconductor & Software Division is in daily discussion with leading semiconductor players to understand the technology evolution, identify technical breakthroughs and make the link with the revolution taking place in our day-to-day life: robotic vehicles, ADAS, 5G, AI… Based on strong technical expertise, a wide knowledge of the industry and a dedicated methodology, Yole reveals its vision of the industry through dedicated technology & market reports, webcasts and presentations during the major worldwide trade shows and conferences.
“Megatrend will probably be the key word for the next 10-years within the advanced packaging industry, and more generally in the semiconductor industry…”
(Emilie Jolivet, Semiconductor & Software Division Director at Yole)
NCAP China, part of JITRI, and Yole today invite you to discover the 4th Advanced Packaging & System Integration Technology Symposium. The 2018 edition takes place in Wuxi, China, on June 20&21. It is a 2-day conference to answer strategic questions and get the opportunity to meet the leaders in the advanced packaging industry. After the last four successful events, Yole Développement & NCAP have decided to continue and strengthen their collaboration to once again provide a powerful program including Panel Level, FO , SiP , advanced substrates, 3D technology. Megatrends will be at the heart of the conference hosted by NCAP CHINA. Advanced packaging is on the move. Don’t miss it!
• Click program & registration to see the schedule, list of speakers, abstracts, and much more.
• The 2018 symposium is sponsored by DIPSOL, ERS, Nordson, SPTS (An Orbotech Company), and SEMSYSCO.
First held in 2014, the Advanced Packaging & System Integration Technology Symposium attracts more than 180 worldwide executive attendees each year. The program, designed by both partners Yole and NCAP China, brings together numerous valuable discussions, short courses, meetings and business collaborations. The list of executive speakers is impressive (Full list of speakers). The 2018 program welcomes two keynotes, among the numerous presentations:
• Impact of the industry trends on advanced packaging – Jean-Christophe Eloy, President, Yole Group of Companies. Yole Group of Companies includes Yole Développement, System Plus Consulting, KnowMade and PISEO.
• The industrialization road of innovative Wafer Level Fan-Out technology: eSiFO – Dr. Daquan Yu, VP, Huatian Technology Electronic … And much more. The list of speakers, biographies and abstracts are available on i-micronews.com. To download the PDF version, click Program – Abstracts.
Amongst the numerous sessions of the Advanced Packaging & System Integration Technology, 2018 edition, FOWLP will be deeply covered by a significant list of speakers: Klemens Reitinger, CEO, ERS electronic, Stephen Hiebert, Sr Director of Marketing, KLA-Tencor and David Butler, EVP General Manager, SPTS Technologies. Currently FOWLP is the fastest growing packaging platform and is directly impacted by the megatrends. From mobile to automotive to medical, for both low-end (e.g. audio codecs) and high-end devices (e.g. APU), Yole analyzes daily the technology evolution and market drivers. “Today, cost is still a concern compared to other more mature packaging platforms”, assert Yole’s Sr Analyst, Santosh Kumar (1). Market trends and technical challenges will be detailed in a presentation proposed by Santosh Kumar in the dedicated session. Santosh also recently invited Albert Koller, Head of Advanced Packaging Business Unit at Evatec, to discuss its activities and present its vision of the advanced packaging industry. This interview is available on i-micronews.com, advanced packaging news section.
Dr Cao LiQiang, NCAP’s CEO asserts: “In recent years, many aspects of advanced packaging worldwide remained focused on FI, FO, TSV and WLP… As for China, we have identified major changes to FO technology development and commercialization in the next five years. Potential packaging houses will be established here, in China. NCAP is preparing FI & FO manufacturing mass production, together with our partners of several years…With Yole, NCAP is exploring possible collaborations with worldwide equipment and material suppliers. The symposium is a real opportunity to interact with OSAT and end-users as well. At NCAP, we believe the NCAP- Yole collaboration will positively influence the advanced packaging industry and encourage its development. During the symposium, we especially expect many debates on the numerous challenges facing the domestic packaging materials and equipment market, the 5G requirements, the development of innovative technologies by OSATs and much more.”
The symposium represents an exciting opportunity for advanced packaging companies to expand their activities in China and in all other countries. NCAP and Yole are very enthusiastic about this 2018 edition. Make sure you attend the symposium and book your place immediately on i-micronews.com or click: Registration.
To see the full schedule, please click here: Program.
AI : Artificial Intelligence
IoT : Internet of Things
FO : Fan Out
SiP : System in Package
(1) Source: Status of Panel Level Packaging report, Yole Développement, 2018