YAMAHA launches advanced hybrid AOI System
YAMAHA announces the launch of its YSi-V 12M Type HS2 high-end hybrid Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) system. The YSi-V 12M Type HS2 offers faster inspection speed, higher precision, and enhanced capacity and performance for specular components.
Development of the YSi-V 12M Type HS2 targeted faster processing through improved image processing hardware and image inspection algorithms; as a result, it has achieved more than 25% increase in 3D inspection speed when compared to the existing model, and delivers a significant speed increase of up to 40% for Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) with high component mounting density.
New features include a high-precision mode, enabling capture of clear three-dimensional images. The high-precision 7 μm resolution camera includes an all-new design dedicated 3D image capture projector optical system, significantly improving form reproducibility of extremely small-sized components down to 008004 size, and increasing height measurement repeatability. In addition, the optimization of image capture parameters and the use of newly-developed algorithms has enabled inspection capacity and performance compatible with thin, highly-integrated WLCSP and FOWLP components, whose use has risen dramatically since last year.
The YSi-V 12M Type HS2 is user-friendly and quick to program, but also offers the customer greater flexibility. For example, the user can decrease 3D speeds, allowing the user to either reduce cycle time or increase 3D inspection, resulting increased inspection capability. This allows more flexibility for the customer by allowing more programming options.
Notable features include the following:
· Foreign Object Detection;
· IPC Rank Tuning, i.e., Automatic tuning of Components based on IPC Class.
· Judgement Criteria Tuning, i.e., automatic tuning based on ‘golden boards’;
· Side View Inspection to check leads on connectors that can’t be seen from a top view;
· 2000 predefined libraries that provide ease of programming;
· SPC Analysis Tool;
· Marker Frame, a feature to let a marker pen automatically assign a code to the board for traceability;
· Z-axis Warpage Compensation;
· QA Option – Communication feedback between AOI and Mounter to determine root cause of defects
The YSi-V 12M Type HS2 will be showcased at Productronica 2017, November 14 to 17, 2017 in Munich, Germany, Hall A3, Stand 323.