All our webinars are based on UK time you can check the time in your location Click Here
Printed circuit boards outgas during soldering causing solder voids, solder balls and other process problems. Outgassing can occur in wave, selective and reflow soldering and it’s important first to non-destructively test samples to find the root cause. It’s possible to test bare or assembled boards to examine the potential for failure and eliminate some of the popular misconception in industry. There some different methods which can easily be conducted in manufacture before proceeding to costly laboratory analysis and we show you how to do it and the typical results you can find!!
The webinar will last approximately 60-90mins including question and answer session
Presented by Bob Willis
- Type of outgassing from vias, through holes and solder masks
- How to Test samples in manufacture
- Test method procedures
- Type of defects and how they can appear with tin/lead and lead-free alloys
- Void formation in wave selective and PIHR joints
- Correct specification of your boards
A copy of the slides presented during the webinar are provided at the end of the event along with a written procedure for testing.
- Date: September 11
- Time: 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm
- Cost: £65
- Venue: Online Webinar in United Kingdom
- Organiser: Bob Willis